Weight Loss: 5 Fitness Benefits of Running and Jogging Your Older Person Will Thank You
Weight Loss: 5 Fitness Benefits Of Running And Jogging Your Senior Will Thank You | Photo credit: iStock Images
- Burning calories has been shown to be an effective way to lose weight
- Experts recommend 10-15 minutes of running or jogging regularly
- A body with healthy stamina can perform complex tasks with ease
New Delhi: Are you looking for a convenient way to manage weight that doesn’t include trips to the gym? Well, we’ve got you covered because we’re here to tell you why you should choose running or jogging as your go-to physical activity. All you have to do is take 10-15 minutes out of your daily schedule and go for a moderate-intensity run or jog.
Benefits of running and jogging
Here are some common health benefits of jogging and running:
- Healthy brain: Neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, etc. are often a consequence of the inevitable aging process. However, certain activities, such as running, undertaken during the early years may help reduce their risk.
- Healthy Heart: Cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. However, studies have shown the benefits of running in reducing the risk of heart complications. Some of the derived benefits that facilitate this process include improved blood pressure and sugar levels, improved mental health, reduced stress, and more.
- Improves sleep: When sleep is not easy, body and mind suffer. As ironic as it sounds, getting a good night’s sleep is a dream for many people. This inability to sleep calls for taking steps to improve the quality and quantity of sleep. Studies have shown the benefits of running and jogging to improve sleep and support mental and physical health.
- Develops endurance: A body with healthy stamina can perform complex tasks with ease. In addition, the risk of injury is also reduced. Running and jogging can help build endurance in the body, which makes it
- Helps manage weight: Burning calories has proven to be an effective way to lose weight. When working on a weight loss plan, experts always recommend a consistent workout routine to ensure weight loss at a healthy weight while building muscle mass. Regular jogging and running can help catalyze the weight management process.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.